Young people who are given the privilege of joining the Sherkids or Shermount School fraternity should be aware that as members of this distinguished community, they carry the responsibility of upholding its ideas with dignity and pride.
As the School’s ambassadors, students are expected:
- To behave courteously to all, rich or poor regardless of cast, creed, color or religion, always respecting the liberty and rights of others.
- To look upon fellow human from all parts of the world and all walks of life as brethren, avoiding rudeness at all time.
- To be kind, considerate and always ready to offer encouragement and lend a helping hand.
- To make every effort to contribute their share in making the world a better place to live in.
- Never to be cruel, knowing that cruelty is the trait of bullies and a sign of low self – esteem, while kindness is the mark of gentility and strength.
- To possess the courage of their convictions, never hesitating to say a firm ‘NO’ when asked to do a thing, which they know to be wrong, however tempting it might seem.
- To accept assigned tasks and duties willingly and without argument ensuring that these are carried out with the highest standards.
- To treat staff and visitors in a friendly and respectful manner.
- To take pride in wearing their school uniform and strive to keep it neat and tidy at all times.
- Fashionable items are not to be worn.
- To look after the school premises with the pride of ownership.
- To take good care of themselves and adopt healthy habits.