Eco club looks after the environment of the school and is dedicated to spread awareness about the various issues related to the environment among young minds of Shermount. Club is responsible to work for the welfare of environment which is degrading day by day because of human interference.
Many activities are conducted throughout the session to help them realize the present day need to save environment and promote the idea of ‘afforestation’. Planting saplings, nature walks, collection of different types of plants, leaves, insects and building nests for the sparrows, to name a few. The Club team members also have meticulously labeled all the plants and trees in the school campus this year.
Students are the future policy makers. With great energy, enthusiasm and diligence, the members, with the guidance of teachers actively take part in activities chalked out for them.
The main aim is to sensitize students toward eco awareness, maintenance of greenery around the school by various plantation drive programs.
The main objective is to maintain the importance of greenery and plantation.
- To motivate the students to know the environment
- To create awareness on water conservation
- To promote ethos of conservation of various species of flora, fauna and soil etc.
- To induce the students to create awareness among public- at local level and the locality
- To sensitize the students to appreciate the rich bio-diversity of our country
Eco club is actively involved in promoting environment related activities such as:-
- Importance of 3Rs
- Judicial use of paper
- Planting trees.
- Cleaning of surrounding
- Awareness programs
- Developing an area in terms of greenery (Ecology)
- Nature visits
- Organize seminars
- Best out of waste programs
- Medicinal garden
- Pot planting