Science is an inseparable part of life. Human beings are curious by nature. The curiosity of man unveils mysteries of nature. The process of observing, describing, exploring and using the physical world is nothing but science. Science is a body of knowledge, is a method of enquiry, a way of investigation, an attitude towards life. Each individual has his/her own talent, interest and abilities. Self- expression, independent research and constructive activities are some of the opportunities provided by the Science Club. Students can learn more through the activities and their own experiments and clarify general scientific concepts. The co-ordination between the classrooms and the Science Club help the students to complete their curriculum in a subtle way. While actively participating in a science club, students organize thoughts and translate these into actions and thereby develop zealous enthusiasm in the strike for the cause of scientific enterprise.
The aims of the Club are:
- To help students acquire basic knowledge of science.
- To help students develop scientific way of learning.
- To create awareness in students relating to scientific issues in personal, social, environmental and technological contexts.
- To promote inquisitiveness among students.
- To trigger interest in science.
- To encourage, motivate and equip the students in applications of Science and its interface with society.
- Building a scientific temperament, increase thinking and the spirit of enquiry and generating a love for science among the students.
- Popularizing science in an age of science and technology and help to bring it’s advancements to the door steps of the students through hands on activities.
- Bridging the gap between formal education and a more comprehensive knowledge of science, endeavoring to make the study of science more interesting.
- Allowing the students to work on their own ideas, hobbies, experiments that help students to learn more through these activities and their own experiments and clarify general scientific concepts.
- Channelizing the energies of students and make use of their skills and talents, which satisfy their instincts and urges and helps in their overall personality development.
- Nature Study – field visits.
- Observation of important days.
- Prepare charts, models, posters etc.
- Displaying science news in class rooms.
- Improvising and preparing handmade apparatus.
- General reading of scientific literature.
- Discussion on current topics.
- Visit to museum, exhibitions, factories, science parks, planetarium, and places of scientific importance.
- Organize popular science lectures/audio visual shows etc.